A new approach to develop and retain talent
The need of competent and highly-skilled workers is growing rapidly. In addressing this issue, the Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MGCC) in cooperation with the Department of Skills Development of the Ministry of Human Resources (MOHR) and the German-Malaysian Institute (GMI) along with Penang Skills Development Centre (PSDC) has implemented the German Dual Vocational Training (DVT) program in Malaysia in June 2014 based on German training standards, a combination of 25% theoretical and 75% practical training.
At the moment, we offer two commercial based practical trainings in Malaysia: Industrial Management and Logistics Operation Management. We have also introduced new programme Mechatronics and looking forward to launch new programmes in future.
Companies joining the programme have the opportunity to create a pool of qualified professionals with practical skills and competencies paired with sound theoretical knowledge. Thus, the private sector will be able leverage on industry-specific skills and qualifications acquired mainly in a corporate environment and actual and genuine commercial processes. Participation in the programme will also reduce recruitment and settling-in cost as well as make it easier for companies to retain their talents through the identification of the trainees with the company, its products and strategies.
About the programme:
- Next intake: June 2017 & Annual intake
- 3 years training contract
- No tuition fee
- 75% practical training at the company based in Malaysia
- 25% theoretical training at the training institute, the German-Malaysian Institute (GMI) and Penang Skills Development Centre (PSDC)
To be qualified, you must possess:
- SKM 2 & 3, SPM, STPM, or equivalent
- good command of English language knowledge
Trainees receive benefits:
- High-quality professional training for free
- Monthly Training allowance
- Qualified Certificates - Advanced Skills Diploma (DLKM / Level 5 NOSS) and German Chamber (AHK) Certificate
- Career opportunities with renowned Multinational Corporations