The Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MGCC) is Germany's official representative for industry and trade in Malaysia. As the largest bilateral chamber in the country, we connect our network with ministries, government agencies, business organizations and companies in Malaysia and Germany.
The German-Malaysian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MGCC) is part of the global network of Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK) which has 20 offices in 80 countries around the world. The members of the German Chamber Network (AHKs) offer their experience, connections and services to German and foreign companies, and are closely connected to the Chambers of Industry and Commerce (IHKs) in Germany. Founded in 1991, MGCC has since become a strong and reliable partner for its members and customers with a broad, results-driven service offering and successful track record.
German Chambers abroad fulfil three main tasks:
- Official Representation of German Companies: German Chambers Abroad, or AHKs as they are known in German, are the key players of German foreign business development on behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany. They represent German business interests in their countries and they inform about and promote Germany as business location.
- Member Organisations: AHKs form a network for companies actively involved in the bilateral business relations. Membership within the network gives them the authority needed when interacting with politics, business and administration in terms of promoting the bilateral business relations.
- Service Providers to Companies: Under the brand “DEinternational” AHKs provide services to companies both from Germany and their host countries in order to support their foreign business activities.
German Chambers broad fulfil three main tasks:
- Official Representation of German Companies: The network of the German chambers of foreign trade is the most important partner abroad for the promotion of foreign trade. Together with the German diplomatic representations (embassies and consulates), they represent the interests of the German economy vis-à-vis politics and administration in the host country. This function commits the German chambers to neutrality and objectivity.
- Member Organisations: For their approximately 51,000 member companies worldwide, the German chambers advocate and provide a network platform in bilateral trade. As such, the chambers organise official as well as exclusive events and networkings on site, assist as consultants and initiate and accompany industry-specific working groups. The tasks undertaken are to maintain, intensify and improve foreign trade relations between the host country and Germany.
- Service Providers to Companies: Through the AHK service brand DEinternational, companies worldwide receive professional advice and support to successfully build and expand their overseas business operations. The AHKs have many years of experience in foreign markets and are a reliable partner for business initiation abroad. They form a bridge between the markets; the employees are always multilingual and know the opportunities and risks for the export business of German companies.