For interested applicants we offer the opportunity for an internship in the Trade Development, Communications or GDVT department. Opportunities are also available for elective rotations as part of the legal clerkship.
An internship at MGCC offers you a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop skills in international, economic and cultural relationships. You will be part of a modern, fast-changing, proactive organisation in Southeast Asia's vibrant marketplace. Our internships offer you scope for versatility, initiative and variety in a stimulating and supportive environment.
To quality, an applicant must be:
- a motivated student in economics, social sciences, communications, linguistics or legal.
- have an interest in German-Malaysian cooperation and the current economic situation in both countries.
- good at expressing yourself verbally in the English language. self-driven, committed and motivated to get involved in new topics.
- sociable and open-minded towards a foreign culture.
- willing to live in Kuala Lumpur for at least 3 months (internship, elective or administrative stage).
- familiar with common computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Successful applicants will enjoy:
- exciting and varied work tasks in an intercultural environment.
- a pleasant working atmosphere at our modern offices in the center of Kuala Lumpur.
- the possibility to integrate your Bachelor, Master or Diploma thesis into the internship.
- where possible, to have the opportunity to manage at least one project independently.
As part of a multilingual team, you will be communicating mainly in English. Depending on where you are assigned (Corporate Services / Legal Services department, the German Dual Vocational Training (GDVT) programme, Communications / PR or Consulting / Market Entry Services (DEinternational)) your tasks will likely include:
- Mediation of German-Malaysian business cooperation.
- Processing of long-term projects, such as business partner brokerage, market and site investigations, trade fair support, event consulting, investment consulting, visa application, fraud cases.
- Translations for English or German documents.
- Contract drafting, especially in the areas of international sales law, employment law, insolvency law, private international law, immigration regulations and business law.
- Answering general inquiries from day-to-day business.
- Engagement and support of business delegations.
- Telephone contact with customers and participation in Chamber events.
- Routine work arising from the operation of our website (updating of databases, filing, research).
In addition, you will be involved in member relations as well as suggesting/shaping quality content for our Chamber magazine MGCC Perspectives.
You have the option of applying for the DAAD program "PROMOS" or the main German state-sponsored student support programme (AuslandsBAföG). In both cases, we ask you to take care of your support at an early stage.