Positions are available for internship and elective rotations as part of a legal clerkship.
An internship at MGCC offers you a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop skills in international, economic and cultural relationships. You will be part of a modern, fast-changing, proactive organisation in Southeast Asia's vibrant marketplace. Our internships offer you scope for versatility, initiative and variety in a stimulating and supportive environment.
To quality, an applicant must be:
- a motivated student in economics, social sciences, communications, linguistics or legal.
- have an interest in German-Malaysian cooperation and the current economic situation in both countries.
- good at expressing yourself verbally in the English language. self-driven, committed and motivated to get involved in new topics.
- sociable and open-minded towards a foreign culture.
- willing to live in Kuala Lumpur for at least 3 months (internship, elective or administrative stage).
- familiar with common computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Successful applicants will enjoy:
- exciting and varied work tasks in an intercultural environment.
- a pleasant working atmosphere at our modern offices in the center of Kuala Lumpur.
- the possibility to integrate your Bachelor, Master or Diploma thesis into the internship.
- where possible, to have the opportunity to manage at least one project independently.
As part of a multilingual team, you will be communicating mainly in English. Depending on where you are assigned (Corporate Services / Legal Services department, the German Dual Vocational Training (GDVT) programme, Communications / PR or Consulting / Market Entry Services (DEinternational)) your tasks will likely include:
- Mediation of German-Malaysian business cooperation.
- Processing of long-term projects, such as business partner brokerage, market and site investigations, trade fair support, event consulting, investment consulting, visa application, fraud cases.
- Translations for English or German documents.
- Contract drafting, especially in the areas of international sales law, employment law, insolvency law, private international law, immigration regulations and business law.
- Answering general inquiries from day-to-day business.
- Engagement and support of business delegations.
- Telephone contact with customers and participation in Chamber events.
- Routine work arising from the operation of our website (updating of databases, filing, research).
In addition, you will be involved in member relations as well as suggesting/shaping quality content for our Chamber magazine MGCC Perspectives.
You have the option of applying for the DAAD program "PROMOS" or the main German state-sponsored student support programme (AuslandsBAföG). In both cases, we ask you to take care of your support at an early stage.